Benefit Issues

Health and social care assessment

A health and social care assessment with the social services department of your local council is often the first step towards getting the help and support you need. The assessment is also known as an ‘assessment of need’.

It would require the Department for Work and Pensions to set up an IT programme so that disabled people are only asked questions about their disability once. However, information would only be shared between different government departments with the permission of a disabled person